Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welcome to Jupiter!

I love what kids say. A couple weeks ago my two year old Seamas (Shay-mus) :) blurts out, "Welcome to Jupiter Mama!" "Oh, I've been wondering where I've been!" I respond.  It's nice to know someone knows where I am. He also likes to say things like: "The guys are coming!!" when I'm home alone. Today it was, "Can I talk to the robbers Mama?" "Sure, go right ahead." I don't even know where he learned who robbers are.

The other day while giving him a bath he says, "Welcome to the party!" yikes. I responded "Where's my drink? of water?" It's just so fun to hear the random stuff he comes up with. Some of my favorite made up words are fork=goop, carry me=carmen, and when you say "Smile!" he closes his eyes. We're not sure where that came from, but you can imagine it doesn't help us take good pictures.   :)   If you have time, write down your kids saying in the comments section so we can laugh together!

I have to go get ready for my husband's work party. I'm finally going to see people he works with when I'm not pregnant. Yeah, no pressure there... spanks or no spanks? definitely no spanks. If you've ever tried wearing them you know they are NOT worth the inability to eat or the lack of blood flow throughout your body. -although I think you can burn a few calories just trying to get them on. :)  I also found it funny that when I ironed my outfit earlier (I found time to iron! and actually did it!!) the song "oh there's no place like home for the holidays" was going through my head and it took on new meaning for me.     :)
Peace!

4 comments:

  1. christopher has been saying some pretty funny things lately, but of course i can't remember them now. he does hate going in his car seat, so the other day he sat in the seat next to his car seat. i told him he couldn't so he closed his eyes (you know cause i can't see him if he can't see me :0). then he opens one eye to see if i'm still there. kids do/say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... a thought on 'Smile!' and closed eyes ... this is one smart boy who wants to avoid the floating golden ball before his eyes when your flash catches him being cute!

    ... am loving your blog, Merry! It ttakes me back a few years!

    ... and, by the way, I with you on Spanks ... shear torture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just last night at dinner Stephen told us "I have a lot of girl friends" (referring to all the older kids on his bus), then he says "Everyone likes me because I'm so cute."

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hysterical, Emily closes here eyes, bares her teeth and wrinkles her nose like she smells something funny when you say Smile! Must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete