Friday, December 3, 2010

Shuttle Run

Do you remember the shuttle run in grade school? It's when two erasers are about 20 feet apart and you sprint back and forth, grabbing each eraser and then you run as fast as you can across the finish line. I feel like that at nap time. I put one kid down, go down the stairs to put the other one down, then run upstairs to calm the first one (grab eraser) and then go back down to calm the second (grab eraser) and then run back upstairs to say "lay back down or else!" (which should be the finish line but it never is...) You get the point. I know they should sleep on the same floor, and I probably should let them cry themselves to sleep, but I have found this helps me get a workout and brings me back to my childhood. Speaking of, I have to go run, it's naptime.

3 comments:

  1. OK. First, I love this blog! I feel like I get to know you so much better by reading it. As if traveling through Europe didn't introduce me to you enough! LOL Second, I love that you named your blog Lukewarm Coffee because that's my daily drink! Although, I think mine is more like cold coffee, really. Motherhood is such a blessing, but sometimes it does feel like someone should be pointing you to a candid camera somewhere. LOL At least that's how I feel sometimes. I just have to laugh at some of the things that go on day to day when you have two kids under the age of 4. Well, I look forward to reading your entries...but I just realized that this was your fourth so maybe you won't write any more. LOL Love ya, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather!! You're the best! I just thought this would be a fun try at blogging with the hopes other moms (or anyone) will comment and then we can have some camaraderie in the midst of our crazy days!!! (this week WAS crazy!) I love the Christmas pic, it is so adorable! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Having kids and dealing with their needs can be like shuttle run ... what a great analogy! As for lukewarm coffee, I used to put ice in it and call it iced coffee ... Dunkin' Donuts ain't got nothin' on me!

    ReplyDelete