Tuesday, December 14, 2010

No Greater Love

I could only laugh last night when my husband came down the stairs and said, "Let's just ram our heads into the same wall so I only have to fix one." Then I realized that I must sound like I complain a lot on facebook when I put my kids up for rent and such. ;) Truthfully, I can't get over how awesome my kids are and how amazed I am that I get to be their mom.
So here's my latest musings...
I was holding Meara (Mare-ah) who just turned 4 months and I was amazed that Love creates another human being. We have two already created in our marriage of 3 years. -Less time than it took me to go to college... And then I thought of the line in the Bible, "There's no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." (somewhere in the Bible, I'll look it up in a minute-what a good Catholic I am!) Then I thought "Well, I'm called to lay down my life for my kids." Yup, parenthood is martyrdom, although I'm far from being a martyr. And then I realized, I have to lay down my life for my ultimate friend, my spouse. -and we all know marriage is martyrdom. Just kidding Kevin!! And yet it is. We are called to lay down our life for our spouse and children just as Christ layed down His life. Yet instead of thinking of it as nails in our hands and thorns in our head we need to remember that we get way more out of our little sacrifices each day than we could imagine. -Just like Christ had the ultimate resurrection victory, we get the victory of stronger marriages and family when we live in Love, especially sacrificial Love. Just a side note for moms- (or dads) I always think of how the Church was born when the spear pierced Christ's side and blood and water flowed out. I don't think it's just coincidental that when our kids are born (our domestic Church), blood and water flow out. -or whatever happened in your experience...I'll leave it at that. :)
Whoa! So there's a deep thought for ya. I really am just so grateful that I get to be a mom. Butt kicking and all.    :) 

Oh -that quote is John 15:13  

No comments:

Post a Comment