Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I made it! aka -Parenthood kicks my butt.

Yay! I made it to the fifth posting! It has definitely taken me multiple days of lukewarm coffee cups to get here, but I can tell you this whole mom blog thing has already helped me clear my brain! A new type of therapy. ADHD mom blogging therapy. (I really just said mom blogging 5 times fast in my head, so you know I need help!!) 
Anyway, my husband and I had the epiphany this week that parenthood seriously kicks our butts. Yet it totally kicks butt at the same time. I am so in awe that I've been allowed to care for these two awesome children during my life here on earth. Some parents have been dealt such a tough hand and my heart breaks to hear about what they go through. I almost started crying today when the doctor gave my 4 month old a simple shot! Part of that is the build up of a tough week last week (you know, gouged cornea, mastitis, sick kid...parent butt kicking!) but I find that if I remind myself of what others have been dealt I can at least mentally get through the week if not emotionally. :) Thanks Kev!
Why do women have the ability to break out into tears? I've never seen a man do it. I don't cry that often so I was definitely bummed to put in my first 'crying phone call' to my husband at work. -like he doesn't have a tough job or something, the poor guy needs to deal with his sad wife while in between conference calls. It would have been really great if he had put the call on hold and said "Honey, I'm sorry you're sad, it's going to be ok." to some CEO by mistake. Anyway, he is so loving and that's part of marriage so he didn't mind. Which reminds me of great song by Sara Groves called Loving A Person - if you have a chance to check it out.
By the way, thanks to anyone who is reading this. It makes it so much more fun to write! I have a bunch more thoughts and ideas I need to get out but I'm averaging 10 minutes of alone time per day. I'm sure you know how it is. Just a warning, I had mastitis this week so I've been suppressing my 'breastfeeding sucks' blog. Do yourself a favor and don't look up the word mastitis and I wouldn't read that blog if or when it happens unless you need some womanly camaraderie. :) Thanks!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Merry. I just laughed my head off - to the point where the kids thought I was crazy! But I needed it today, so see, you are ministering already. Congrats, too - you made it to your fifth post! Honestly, I've been waiting for another Merry fix! Oh, by the way, if that's only your first crying phone call to Kev, you're way ahead of me! I can totally relate to the tears thing, and you're so right on that being reminded of someone else's troubles totally helps you make it through. That's the spot I've been in lately. You're awesome! I'm so glad you're doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! that infection really stinks! i caught it while on vacation after andrew and of course couldn't find a pharmacy (we were out of state), then when i found a pharmacy i couldn't get in touch with the doctor, then the pharmacy didn't get the order...and you can see how much a pain it was. feel better!

    ReplyDelete