Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm that blogger...

So I did it!! I'm that blogger (blahher ;) that only wrote for one month and one day!! Arg! I always wondered why that happens -besides life being busy. Now I know, but in my case it's odd. I actually got sleep. Sleep. Sleep. I'm still trying to believe in this word. It was really hard to let our baby 'cry it out' and I still have mixed feelings about it, but I'm amazed that I can lie her down in her crib and she falls asleep. This is a phenomenon (thank you spell check!) that my two year old is still working on. Anyway, with sleep came a whole new adventure called 'getting my life back.' I know moms don't ever really get their life back, and there's a cool beauty in that, but I'm beginning to be able to think again. Which means I have less of a need to spew my brains (gross) which means less blogging. There. I figured it out- thanks for your patience. :)

Two thoughts that have seriously overwhelmed me this past month are: 1. I'm so overwhelmed with gratitude that I'm able to be a mom, and 2. the answer to true freedom and joy in life is to let God Love you. Yup, I think I just said I have the answer to everyone's problems. Ha! Seriously though, people have always commented to me that I seem truly happy (not that I always am, of course) but I realize it's because I invited God to come into my life and be Him. Loving Him. (God is Love so it's a pretty cool deal) I have no other motive right now than to explain the freedom I have in my life. Every time I feel anxiety that something could happen to anyone I love, I just have to let go and know God takes care of us. Even when bad things happen He takes care of us. Why does God let bad things happen? Because God has not taken away our free will and evil exists in our world and that combination allows bad things to happen. It's deeper than that and more involved I'm sure, but all I know is that when I asked God to take over my life, it became more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed of. Really. (I have two little munchkins and an amazing husband to prove it. :)

Well, that was deep. 'Deep thoughts by Merry.' Remember that SNL skit? hehe.  I haven't had much time to reread this, but I'm determined to put up another post since it's March 2 and my goal is to do little blurbs at least 10 times this month. Since I feel so grateful, instead of spoofing motherhood, I'm hoping to offer fun thoughts and awesome advice I've received. blah, blah, blah. :) Thanks if you read this!

4 comments:

  1. Really glad the cry it out method worked. We used it for both kids and they've always been good sleeps. It is hard to let kids cry, especially your own kids. But one thing I learned (from Psychology classes) was that it teaches self-soothing skills. It's impossible for someone to always be there for us and we have to learn to cope. I would always think about that when they cried "I teaching them a life skill" and that helped me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry, your blog rocks! I love it! It's so good to read about life through your eyes. God has blessed you richly with joy and a sense of humor. Why can't we live closer to each other? You have me rolling on most of these posts. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marjorie!
    Thanks to Kara for the encouragement! I do it for fun. :) I wish we lived closer too!! Once Meara is better in the car I hope to hit the mom's group down there or something. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete